After three years of solid, snowballing success Chrom-Art is pleased to announce the Call for Artists for our upcoming fourth Edition of TRIBE International Art Festival.
All UNREPRESENTED artists working in ALL MEDIA invited to apply now until 10th Aug 2018.
An international urban Art festival involving cross-disciplinary Arts including 2D art works, sculpture, street art, art installations, immersive virtual reality experiences, music, dance and
performance, #TRIBE18 will be held in one of the most exciting venues in the heart of London.
Dates of the #TRIBE18 Festival:
Friday 12th to Sunday 14th October 2018
All events organised by Chrom-Art are about people, and what entails to be human. Our first exhibition in 2015 was called ‘ID’, Freud’s term to define the tumultuous, innate part of the
personality that contains all human's basic, instinctual drives. The first TRIBE Festival in 2015 was about the meaning of Belonging, 2016 theme was Citizenship, last year was about Love and its
manifestations. This year’s theme is ‘Be You’ (BU)
‘Be You’ is about finding ourselves and our voices as artists. So much in the world today is about Fragmentation and Addition; labels drive various expectations of who we ‘are’, and how we should
be treated, not just by other people but by algorithms. Whether you are an influencer, a woman, a refugee, a muslim, white collar or red neck, in our physicality we are all just made of stardust,
recycled carbon across millennia. In our consciousness, we simply ‘are’.
Disentangling roles and genres is not a trivial matter, hence our invitation for you to un-tag. To try Unification and Subtraction, and reveal yourself. As an artist, you don’t need to conform,
you don’t need a hyped career, nor smoke & mirrors. Fear of vanishing can no longer lock the shackles of existence as someone, something else.
Artists are required to submit a strong, cohesive body of work produced within the last three years. If work will be created specifically for the show, artists are encouraged to keep in mind that
#TRIBE18 is an interactive, participative and collaborative experience for both artists taking part and the public attending. The broad scope of the project is to facilitate a social-artistic
experience that will enable artists to manifest the innate human ability to work together towards a goal that is greater than the addition of the parts. An ability that is largely spontaneous,
fast and auto coordinated.
This year we are launching the CHROM Art Prize, for participating artists, consisting on £1000 cash reward for the winner, and a Solo Show in 2019 at RBTwelve space in
Why you should apply to #TRIBE18:
- Our previous three editions have been a tremendous success. Only last year we featured more than 150 participating artists and attracted over 6,000 visitors.
- TRIBE Festivals attract artists from all over the world. Last year we hosted artists from 20 different countries (of residence) including USA, Brazil, Russia and South Korea.
- A solid new multidisciplinary concept driven by the talent of the selected artists, growing fast through word of mouth, and pushed by innovative PR campaigns in press and social media have
quickly turned TRIBE Festivals into a destination.
- Unique 12,000 sqf venue in Central London, close to Tower Bridge.
- Our biggest budget item is promotion. As we are a 100% volunteer run non-for-profit, all moneys go to setting up the event, and mostly to promote the event and participating artists.
- Access to our exclusive growing network of architects, bespoke property developers and interior design firms which can lead to future commissioned work for artists.
- Opportunity to join Chrom-Art Club, where we offer unique showcasing opportunities, and art loan program, with preferential terms to our artists’ network. We organise a range of special events
throughout the year, some only available to Chrom-Art Club members.
- Dedicated feature in CHROM Magazine, shared with our 50,000 social media followers.
- ArtRabbit will be reporting live in social media at the Private View. London TV is expected to cover the event.
- Sales and invigilation are assisted by trained volunteers from our organisation, and provided by University College London and Greater London Authority
Terms and Conditions:
- Available space for hire for selected artists with opportunity to sell: selected artists will be required to transfer a fee of £195 that allows them a 2m square area of wall surface with 2
lights, or 2 plinths in the case of sculpture. An additional 1m(w)x2m(h) plus light, or additional plinth, can be purchased for an extra £95.
- Special space requirements for any other kind of artistic expression that needs specific arrangements will be discussed individually based on submitted proposals.
- Large scale installation works could be paid for by the organisation, subject to funding and specifications.
- We don’t apply commissions on sale however we do charge a 5% handling fee if sales are processed through us.
- Short biography, art statement (up to 100 words).
- up to 8 images of recent work.
- Pdf document in case of installations and other proposals
Please use the button below to apply. The deadline for proposal applications is midnight Friday 10th August BST and our decisions will be made and announced by Sunday 12th of August.
For enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org